Monday, March 19, 2012

Checking off the to-do and to-buy list

Our first major baby purchase was the travel system (stroller and car seat).  It arrived via courier one morning while I was at work, and I came home to this....

IMG_0037
Jenny trying to help... and wondering what the heck this thing is??? 

And the finished product...


IMG_0038
Ignore the messy kitchen... nothing to see there.

We decided to go a little more gender neutral because a) I hate that everything for little girls is freakin' pink (don't get my wrong, I love pink, but I don't need to suffocate with it) and b) it can be reused in the future *wink, wink*

Next, we headed to Ikea for some baby related shopping and picked up the crib, dresser, mattress, a cute little storage cabinet and a lamp (now I have to decide between 2).


The big purchase
I'm behind the camera... as usual.
 It all went from the vehicle to the garage to await the painting of the nursery which was all cleaned out and waiting. 

Then finally, Papa Coach came over today and got the room totally painted!  He'll be back to do some touch ups later this week and then we can start putting the room together:  I'm going to do a separate nursery post with before, during and after photos.

Stuff we've checked off the list:
-crib & mattress, mattress cover
-dresser
-book shelf
-cabinet
-lamps
-a few decor items
-curtains (still need blinds and rods)
-rocking chair
-light fixture
-stroller/car seat
-diaper bag
-cloth diapers (NB, infant and toddler AIOs)
-high chair
-THE most adorable first picture outfit
-assorted random items (lots of receiving blankets, clothes,  and other baby related goodies that we've been really lucky receive as hand me downs or freebies)

And the thing I'm probably most excited about...Ma is currently making the crib quilt. So far, I've only seen it roughly laid out, but I'm so excited to see the finished product. It's lovely.

So I finally feel like we're getting somewhere, but we have a long way to go.  Hopefully we'll have the major pieces of the nursery done this weekend and then we can see what's left for finishing touches.  Pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment