Friday, January 27, 2012

Major Movement

Last night Bub was sitting in the bathroom with me while I was having a bath. I was waiting for the baby to start moving so that we could see if he could finally feel her, but she was pretty quiet so I didn't say anything.  Of course, as soon as he went downstairs to watch TV she started squirming around.  I put my hand on my belly and, sure enough, felt a couple of kicks (the first time I've felt them from the outside). I yelled for Bub who was reluctant to come all the way back upstairs until I said "come right now and you can feel the baby moving!".  He literally RAN up the stairs.  Of course, she stopped moving the moment he put his hand on my belly. We tried for a couple minutes but it seemed that she was simply getting comfortable and was back to snoozing peacefully. 

Luckily, when I laid down in bed a couple minute later she started squirming again.  Bub put his hand on my belly and waited. We've been testing it out for a couple weeks now and hadn't had any success so I don't think he was optimistic. It took a couple of strong kicks, but all of a sudden his face lit up and he said "well I felt that!" with the biggest, goofiest grin on his face.  She gave her Daddy a couple more nudges before settling down again, and I don't think I've seen him smile like that ever.  I've been dying for him to feel her since I felt my first movement, so I was over the moon about it.  Honestly, it was my favorite thing about being pregnant so far.

Then, I'm not sure if she was excited with all the attention last night or what, but today she's been nudging and squirming and rolling around pretty much non-stop.  It's definitely the strongest that I've felt her movements.  In the bath this afternoon (yes, I take a lot of long baths) I noticed little twitches on my belly as she moved.  Then suddenly, with a particularly strong kick, I saw my belly pop out just below the belly button.  I was so surprised that I spent the next 30 minutes staring at my belly watching her move.  It was definitely equal parts amazing and weird.... but I'm glad that I got to hit this little landmark around the same time that  Bub got to feel her for the first time.

It's definitely getting more real with each of these little changes.  I can't wait to meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment