Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Five Months Old

Adelaide's Fifth Month In Pictures
Pre-Thanksgiving Nap

All tuckered out from her first Thanksgiving dinner at Ma's

First time in her Jolly Jumper. She was very proud of herself.


One last warm day in late October.
Outside soaking up the sun and feeling the grass on her bare feet for the first time/

New play centre! She's not heavy enough to  get her feet to the ground, but she LOVES it.

Road trip with Ma! (Girls weekend in Cambridge and St. Jacobs)

A girl and her dog... again. :)

Swimming at the hotel in Cambridge

Our water baby

Baby's first Halloween... shirt and booties from Auntie Karen.

Our little cupcake (the cherry on top just kills me)
Boy has our girl changed this month.  She's reaching for everything and anything in front of her. She thinks she should eat, chew or suck on anything that she can get her hands on (this includes toys, my face, her books... etc.) She's successfully rolled from her back to her front a few times, she plays and plays in her activity center,  with her toys, with her books... she's just doing so much more.

Her first Halloween was great. She had a visit from Auntie Karen, watched Charlie Brown's Halloween special (a gift from Auntie Karen) and then got into her costume and went out to see Ma and Pa, Papa, and Grandma.  By the end of the last visit, she was done being a cupcake, but she did great for the most part and looked sooooooo cute!

With no more weight checks, we've been able to relax a bit more where feedings are concerned. She's growing (she's evening wearing some 3-6 month stuff, although it's a bit big) and the doctor gave us the go ahead for cereal if we want (though we're holding off until 6 months I think).

I've given up on trying to get her to nap on her own and each day we curl up together in our bed and she sleeps for a while. Sometimes I nap, sometimes I read, and my house hasn't been properly cleaned in weeks, but I get a good snuggle with my girl and I have to say that I don't feel any guilt about it. She's only going to be this little for a while, right?  She sleeps in her crib at night, though often doesn't make it there until after I've had a cuddle with her, but she's still sleeping pretty darn well.

She's definitely still a major Mama's girl and I'm the only one that can calm her down when she's really upset. While this should bother me, and while it can be inconvenient sometimes, I have to say that a big part of me enjoys it still. I know it won't last long, so I'm just soaking it up while I can. And who wouldn't want this sweet face around all the time?

Adelaide Ruby - 5 months old

1 comment: