Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Our baby is "half" (a late post about Adelaide's 6th month)

Adelaide's Sixth Month in Pictures
Relaxing on our second trip to Cranberry resort

Always smiling.

Hanging out in her activity center... her favourite way to pass the time.
Christmas photos!
Playing outside in the cool fall air
Her first "solids"! Homemade brown rice cereal.
Santa Claus Parade

Practicing sitting by herself
Ready for her first snow!
Our sweet girl had a big month! I'll see if I can sum it up quickly, since I'm so late posting this. 

-She's up to 11lbs 7oz as of her 6 month well-baby visit. 
-We had a followup with the pediatrician who is no longer concerned, and told us to followup with her at the end of March (yay!)
-She started solids (first with rice cereal, then avocado, sweet peas, bananas and peas).  She LOVED it right away, and knew what to do immediately. 
\-She loves to play in her play center and bounce in her jolly jumper (which she's really got the hang of now).  She's content to entertain herself for hours in them.  
-We had some sleep regression at the beginning of the month, but that seems to have sorted itself out and we're back to 9 or 10 hours per night
-She's also taking more and longer naps, but probably because I make a point to lay down with her every day.  We really enjoy that time together (and it will be the thing I miss most when I go back to work).
-We went to her first Santa Claus parade and she stayed awake for most of it, falling asleep just in time to miss Santa. Poor thing.
-She's definitely not a fan of the cold weather right now, but if she's anything like me, she'll start to love it soon.
-She's got pretty good at sitting on her own over this past month, but still lost her balance if she tried to reach for a toy, or turned too far backward.
-She spent the evening with Daddy (the longest she's been away from me) while I went to an exam. They Christmas shopped and had dinner in front of the fire, and I think they both really enjoyed it! It was good practice for January.

I'm still is awe of how much I love her, and I can't believe that I seem to love her more every single day. She's just so happy and full to snuggles and smiles.  My favourite times with her are when we can cuddle in bed and just be together. She's amazing, and I can't imagine life without her now.  I'm scared about being away from her, but I know that she's in good hands with her Dad.

Adelaide Ruby - 6 months old


No comments:

Post a Comment