Monday, October 3, 2011

5 weeks - Symptoms

Last week, even before my HPT, some symptoms started to show themselves.  Cramping was definitely the most obvious, then tender breasts, bloat and gas, constipation, frequent trips to the washroom (although this is nothing new for me), and fatigue which was then accompanied by restless nights.  Luckily, everything was mild and didn't really interrupt my schedule. 

Into this week, most of those things have continued, and remain tolerable.  Most of the time, I feel pretty good, if just a little tired.  The one exception is the cramping.  This weekend,  they really picked up in intensity and have been pretty painful, even waking me up at night and causing me to double-over. I was concerned enough after a particularily awful bout of cramps through the night last night, that I called the midwife today. She said that because there's no spotting it could be "usual" cramping and we just need to wait it out.  She also advised me to make sure I'm eating enough fibre.  I can handle the pain, but I just wish that I knew if it was "normal" or not.

Only 7 more days until our first information session with the midwife, and hopefully we'll get a real appointment soon after that.  Fingers crossed that the cramping is just part and parcel of my body adjusting to all the changes and that our orangeseed sized kiddo is just in the process of getting comfortable for the next eight months.

No comments:

Post a Comment