Monday, October 17, 2011

7 weeks - And it Begins

Well, if I wasn't sure I was pregnant before this week, I'm definitely clear on that now.  The "morning" sickness has attacked with a vengeance.  Luckily at this point it's just a pretty much consistent feeling of nausea and headache and a complete and total lack of energy, but it lasts all day and comes on with a particular fury when I'm not 100% full.  Meaning I have to eat all.the.time even though it's pretty much the last thing I feel like doing.  So that's awesome for weight gain; no energy, no desire to exercise because I feel like crap 100% of the time, and to top it all off, I'm constantly shoving food down my throat to stave off a little of the nausea.  Awesome.  I'll be a blimp in no time.

I'm going to be honest here and say that food aversions and cravings were always something that I sort of thought were symptoms that pregnant women exaggerated about.  I now know, at least on the aversions side, that I was 100% wrong (I have a feeling I'll be saying that a lot in the next 7ish months.  Oddly enough my food aversions vary from day to day.  I can eat something for dinner one night and love it, and the mere thought of it will completely turn my stomach the next day.  My poor husband is trying to keep up with the ever changing and growing list of things that I can't even bare the thought of eating.  Actually, the list of things I can't eat is probably larger than the list of things I can eat right now. My stomach doesn't feel up for much, but at least I'm not actually throwing-up (yet).

I swore I wasn't going to be one of those whiney and complaining pregnant women, but I can see I've already become that.  I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that this pregnancy is really not turning out the way I thought it would.  I've been under a lot of stress with work, or shall I say the impending lack of work, and I'm sure that's contributing to both my mental and physical state.  I'd love nothing more right now than to be at home guzzling ginger ale, under the covers watching some sad movie.  Pathetic right?

I think my Mom sensed my mood and asked me to go with her to Babies R Us yesterday just to look around.  We also made a pit stop at Sears when we saw that they were having "Baby Days" and I'm really glad we did. For one, it made me realize that, no matter what happens at work, there will still be a little baby here in 7.5 months, which, until 2 weeks ago, was something that I should be over the moon about.  And secondly, we bought these:

First major baby related purchase- thanks Ma!

Now, I know what you're thinking.  Isn't it a little early to be buying baby stuff, especially bigger ticket items like this?  In any normal circumstance, I would agree with you... but these were on SALE! And I mean a major sale.  Marked down from $59.99 to $34.99 per package of 5.  That means instead of spending $300 of cloth diapers, we spent $174.  That was too good a deal to pass up, and (heaven forbid) if something happens, they can always be packed away for future use.  So, we bought 25 infant (10-22lbs) waterproof, cloth diapers, and I'm very excited about it.  They didn't have any newborn left, so I have my step-mom on the hunt in her city for us.  We passed on the toddler size for now since, by the time the babe is ready for them, I'll probably have to go back to work and many daycares are averse to cloth.  We'll see.  So, as always, I'm so thankful to have such an awesome Mom who a) got me out of the house and b) paid for the diapers.  Yep, she's incredible.  I really don't know what I'd do without her.

As of today: 7 weeks
Baby Size: Blueberry
Next Appt: Nov 3rd is my first appointment with my family doctor, who I'm hoping will refer me to an OB right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment